Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Whotta Drip

A drippy sort of morning in CenPenn -- the weather people say that we'll get a tenth of an inch by 7AM, but my daughter's home made rain gauge says we've gotten about an inch and a half so far. I suppose you could make the point that both statements are correct.

Going to do some baking today -- pizza dough for dinner, and some chocolate chip cookies to hand out for Hallowe'en -- if we get anyone at all. We live in a quiet cul-de-sac, and don't get a lot of trick or treaters. Alas, this means that I tend to end up being the one to eat the Kit Kat bars. Oh, the agony. The cookies are intended for the little kids, and, if I do it, each one will be in a bag with our name and phone number, and maybe the recipe, on it. I just don't like kids getting candy for HDay, at least, not tons of it. Though I would never go so far as the people I've heard of who handed out religious tracts and toothbrushes. Skip that house!

Just started a new novel -- its a kid's one, The Misadventures of Maude March. My daughter had given it to me quite some time ago, and I'm finally getting to it. For all that it's set in the old West, its quietly written, which I like, at the moment. Just about done with Chee and Leaphorn.

I had a very minor and likely you just realized that? moment this morning, after reading the other day that Amazon's share price had risen after reporting that profits were up, based largely on the last Potter book, but down now, based on forecasting that sales would not be as good next year. The insight was: professionals expect that variation, and have a sense of what the price ought to be, which guides them in deciding if the current price is one where they ought to be interested. I know: you just realized that?

2 comments:

genderist said...

We haven't decided what we're giving out for Halloween yet... something tasty!

Cerulean Bill said...

Do you take mail orders?