Monday, October 29, 2007

Politically Inclined

...if only slightly.

This evening, my wife and I went to a meeting of a local Democratic organization. It was a smaller deal than what we went to the other day. Two people running for office were there, both local; one who's been in office at the local town for about six years, and one who is running for the first time. The guy who's been in office talked about things that are going on relative to traffic and planning; both are hot button items. The guy who's running didn't have much to say. Both seemed like 'real people', as distinct from the profesional politicians at the other meeting. My wife and I got very quiet when they mentioned that there are no Democratic candidates for some positions in our town. Neither of us has any desire to do that.

At least, not yet. I happen to think she'd be very good at it, though.

2 comments:

genderist said...

And you've already got the cookie-baking thing down pat! You'd be a great political couple!!!!!

Cerulean Bill said...

Good point. Look what happened tothe last mate who said they weren't planning on staying home to bake...

but I won't wear that apron!