Saturday, October 20, 2007

After Dinner

We went out to dinner, and it was good.

The choice was a small local Italian restaurant, somewhat on the stylish side, but not so stylish that they had a dress code. About half the people were dressed up, anyway; some of them remarkably so, for their high school prom. My wife and I did what we call dressing up, which for me meant simply tan slacks and a tan cashmere sweater, and for my wife, a sleek black dress, gold necklace, and soft white shawl. She looked seriously classy, even by my biased standards.

For dinner, we had gnocchi, ravioli, and lasagna, with wine; for dessert, our favorites - creme brulee and tiramisu. I do truly love tiramisu.

We should do this more often, I think.

5 comments:

Cerulean Bill said...

Make you a deal. You stop by, we'll take you out to dinner -- and not just a burger joint, either. Ok?

Rach said...

Sounds like you had a devine time. Again, Happy Anniversary! :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Thanks. I was thinking of you last night, actually. My wife asked if I might ever want to go back to Seattle, and I said sure, absolutely, but I'd take the opportunity to travel up the coast and into Canada. Though, given what I read about how non-speedy the US Customs people are lately (US Customs: Our Motto: Just because we're Customs, doesn't mean you're Customers), that might not be a great idea.

Angie said...

I love gnocci, creme brulee, and teenagers dressed up for Homecoming. Sounds like a great night!

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, I did want to go hang around them for a while, but my wife offered to eviscerate me, so I thought better of it. They did look pretty snappy, though, even the one guy in black with a black shirt, white tie, and white patent shoes.

I just had the remainder of the lasagna for dinner. We've concluded that rather than ground beef, it used a mild sausage. Quite nice.

My attitude toward restaurants is that they should be quiet, or with soft music; good decor, thick white tablecloths, linen napkins, gleaming silver, glittering crystal, deferential waiters, excellent and understandable menu. This wasn't quite that - but it wasn't bad. I'd do it again.