Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ice Cream Cake

Some time ago, my daughter surprised me with the news that I was going to be baking her birthday cake. She has simple tastes, like me, so the cake (your basic 'dump-it cake') turned out well (sloppy but edible). I don't think I'll ever even try to make an ice cream cake -- but if I am ever called upon to deliver one, this looks like an excellent substitute. Can you guess the secret that makes this so simple?

I found this on the Weary Parent web site.

4 comments:

genderist said...

I'm thinking the secret is already made ice-cream sandiwches and cool whip... (at least, that's how I would make an ice cream cake!)

Cerulean Bill said...

Close, but no cigar. Though that IS one of the alternatives listed...

Unknown said...

How about klondike bars and then whip cream holding it together. Man I could go for some ice cream right now.

Cerulean Bill said...

Exactly right, Shannon. And since you're in the mood to go, we have some butter almond in the freezer. Feel free to stop by!