Thursday, October 04, 2007

Opening the Windows, Getting a Mac...Maybe

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Mac laptop. This Dell Inspiron 600M continues to have problems -- now, it won't always start, even if its plugged into its own powercord. So far, it's finally started, each time, but this isn't something I want to live with.

Now, given the price disparity, odds are, I'll get a Windows machine anyway -- but if anyone has thoughts about one versus the other, I'd appreciate hearing them. I'm particularly interested in performance comparisions, either subjective or objective. I'd hate to buy a Mac and find out that its gee-whiz-hyper-cool processor delivers the same performance as a three year old Windows box. My guess is, they'd be comparable, though thats only a guess.

Thank you.

No comments: