Friday, October 12, 2007

IBM Is Teasing Me

I get a mailing from IBM where they post open jobs. If I see one that I like, I (and anyone else) can apply for it. So far, I've applied for six or seven. I got one call, asking for a resume, and that's it.

The latest was an opening for a position in the z/OS Level 2 support group. Level 2 are the people who resolve problems, or get them resolved. (Level 1 essentially just takes the call and handles the really simple ones. Sir, is your mainframe turned on? Yes, sir, that would mean that the pretty lights on the front are lit up.) I think I'd be perfect for that -- well, pretty much -- and hey, I used to work there, and I've worked with z/OS, installed and configured it, and talked with Level 2 a number of times for a number of different products, so -- where's the callback?

Its a funny thing -- I really do like being retired, and all of that... but I'm a techie at heart. I'd like to do some techie stuff again. And to do it for IBM, again... well, heck, that'd be great! So, guys?

No comments: