Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Got Dough?

It's looking good -- better in some ways than I'd hoped, not as good in others.

The four individual loaves did merge, more than I thought they would, so I had some problems separating them. If you're a believer in not handling the dough a lot, which I'm beginning to become, you probably won't like the mauling I had to give it just to get them apart. On the other hand, it's just dough! But the good news is, two of the four showed obvious signs of fermentation -- one popped up a gaseous bubble, and another actually wheezed at me as I was reshaping it. So this overnight in the refrigerator stuff clearly is a good thing.

Right now, the four loaves are rising on the counter. I will likely put them someplace warm for the day, and bake later this afternoon, assuming I can keep my mitts off them. This is good...