Friday, October 19, 2007

Day, Recapped

It's been an interesting day.

The bread turned out pretty well, and I think I know why it didn't make that final jump up to where the first loaves did. Incidentally, one thing I didn't mention -- in the first step (the autolyze), I just lightly blended the flour and water, whereas in the dough that I wasn't happy with, I had actually mixed it. Can't see why that made a different, but could be....

My oral surgeon and I met to discuss the surgery, which is, once again, scheduled for two weeks from now. He told me that he called the plastic surgeon to suggest that he drop his fee, because, as it turns out, insurance is not going to cover me, and the plastic surgeon said sure, I can do that. Amazing. I still end up paying way more, but its less than their original estimate.

The football game for tonight got postponed just because of a high wind/hail/tornado advisory. Imagine!

And now we're making dinner -- Not So Sloppy Joes, which I love.

No comments: