Monday, October 22, 2007

Greenbacks Flowin'

...or perhaps I should say 'flown'. This has been an expensive day.

We had an electrician out to the house to replace the ceiling fan in two bathrooms. Both had begun running very slowly. Oddly enough, once the electrician tapped them, one started spooling up immediately, and the other gradually. However, given that one was about thirty years old, and the other about fifteen, we elected to replace both. He also checked out and replaced three electrical socket that had been acting up intermittantly. Total cost, about six hundred dollars.

Then I got a call from the oral surgeon's office to tell me what the bill will be for their services, now that my insurance won't be paying for it. Bottom line, a small single digit number...followed by three zeroes. This didn't include what the plastic surgeon will charge, nor the anesthesiologist. That'll turn the total into a midrange single digit. Hmm...perhaps the center single digit?

And we bought more drugs for the sick guinea pig.

I do believe I'll be on the street corner, selling knicknacks to drivers, if this keeps up!

No comments: