Thursday, October 18, 2007

Baking and Such

Proving either that hope springs eternal or that I'm an idiot, I'm trying again for some good bread. That last batch was pretty disappointing, but I'm using exactly the same recipe as the first time. The dough's been rising on its first rise. In a little bit, I'll take it out and do the pre-shape before it goes into the refrigerator. So far, it looks promising -- the dough was particularly gloppy when I pulled it from the mixer. I didn't remember this last time, but the first time I made this recipe, that's how the dough was initially -- so wet that it took multiple tries to get it out of the bowl.

Saturday is a little bit of a special day for us -- it's our anniversary. We're going to head out to a local Italian restaurant where we've not been before, but about which we hear good things. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: