Sunday, October 14, 2007

Neat, Reet, AutoComplete

One of the things that I like about Firefox is how willing it is to remember ids and passwords. (Insert obligatory security comment here.) But some forms don't ask Firefox to do it -- they've got an option called Autocomplete set to NO on the form, meaning that you have to type it in each time.

Well, that's a bit of a pain -- so I found this, on the How-To Geek web site, regarding how you can install a script to reset that to Autocomplete=Yes, which will let Firefox do some of the heavy lifting for you. All you need is the Greasemonkey add on, then select the Autocomplete script you want (they all work pretty much the same way), and that's it !

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Is that like the firefox ad-on form thingy, I have that -- or is this a little better. fireform I think it's called.

Cerulean Bill said...

I think it's conceptually similar but not the same. Fireform will fill out fields on a form if it can, but I don't know if it'll change that tag from NO to YES.