Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Zapped

It would not be an exaggeration to say that I adore my wife. I really do. I might say that she isn't perfect, but if pressed, I would have a hard time coming up with a way that she is not perfect -- if not objectively (well, what about Urdu? Can she speak Urdu?), then certainly for me. A better match cannot be imagined.

It is therefore with some chagrin that I mention that this afternoon, she inadvertantly pulled a Classic Wife Statement on me.

I had opened the refrigerator door, and, noting that the gasket was pulling away from the door, said 'you know, we should get this gasket fixed'. To which she replied 'Actually, I'm thinking that next year we ought to replace the refrigerator. It's twenty-three years old, after all.'

Huh?

(Speaking of which, have you seen those Viking refrigerators? My good lord. There are restaurants that don't have as good a refrigeration system).

No comments: