Friday, March 14, 2008

Wotta Wimp!

Boy, this recovery stuff is really for the birds. I am totally wiped out. It takes a burst of energy, not to mention, some prior planning for me to stand up. Argh! Now, fortunately, I do know that based on how this morning went, the odds are that tomorrow morning I'll feel pretty good -- at least for a while. It takes time, after all, even if I am a great healer.

Just dropped a note to a woman I used to work with at IBM. I don't know if she's still around -- it'd be nice if she was. We were in the initial training class together -- the one that, if you're a good networker, gets you started with contacts in other organizations. I think they called it BOV -- Becoming One Voice. I can't say that that actually happened -- there turned out to be a lot more bureaucracy and buzzwords than I would ever have guessed, even knowing that this was IBM, the king of the TLAs- and the people segmenting into different organizations drifted apart pretty quickly.. This woman was very quiet, and looked very stern, the whole time. I was startled to find that she was on my account, and that she was actually a very nice, easy going person. I wouldn't have thought of her but her last name is similar to the name of a housing development that I just got an email ad for.

So now I think I will just lie here in bed for a while and think about -- nothing.

No comments: