Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Countdown

Well, tomorrow's the day. At least, that's the plan. Intellectually, I believe it will go well. Emotionally, my gut's rolling a bit, as if I'd had too hot a burrito. I recall when I first had burritos -- on a 'roach coach' that served alleged food on the Air Force technical base where I was undergoing training. I liked them then, and I like them now. My taste in that regards is pure 'Murrican Tex Mex. But at the moment, something bland seems to be in order -- so I had Rice Krispies for dinner. The dental guy wants me to not take any insulin tonight, so that the blood sugar will be elevated tomorrow. This frosts me a bit, as I've been trying very hard to get the damn number under control. However, one day won't ruin things. At least, I don't think it will.

Lets hope I don't have another dental surprise headed my way, from the gap between the way it's supposed to work and the way it actually does.

I took my mother to the cardiologist today, and his take was that its probably not her heart, but her lungs. The general practice doc thought it was not her lungs, but her heart. I pushed him to do some tests, and he agreed -- first lung function, then an echo cardiogram if the lung function test turns nothing up.

Tomorrow, my wife will work in the office in the morning, and take the afternoon off. On Friday, she plans to work in the office, assuming I'm okay. I'm thinking I likely will be. I only had one time when I was a space cadet the day after being anesthetized -- when I had the bone graft done. I'd say thats a decent track record.

I need to start watching my weight. I've been about ten to twelve pounds less, on average, than I've been for quite some time, and it occurs to me that it could well be because I've been going to the physical therapy place. If so, not going will begin to have an effect. We don't have very many exercise centers around here. When we were in Seattle, several years ago, we went into one in downtown Seattle that was excellent -- hushed, polished wood, carpet. I believe they had some exercise equipment, too. Thats my idea of what a gym ought to be like, but I would guess its not the common one.

Daughter's still sulking over an argument with her mother. Personally, I'm on her side, but I think I'll just keep my head down for a while.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Best of luck with your surgery today. I hope all goes well for you!

You're a smart man .. staying out of the female tension. :P

Cerulean Bill said...

Thank you, Rach. If it works okay, as I assume it will, I'll come out there and visit you!