Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Freed, Kinda

Well, I'm apparently considered healed, and no longer have to go to physical therapy. I do still have to do exercises, but no longer do I get to do them in the company of people who are much younger or much older than me. This morning, I saw one attractive therapist holding the hand of an elderly guy as he tottered over some exercises. I can't say either one of them looked particularly happy about it. I did go for a brief walk this morning -- about half a mile, which is more than I've done in a while. I got out of breath a couple of times, which didn't thrill me, but still, its a good thing.

This afternoon, baking. Tomorrow morning, fasting. Tomorrow afternoon, dental surgery. Tomorrow evening, serious drugs. No, legal ones.

4 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

Cheers to your recovery, Bill. Glad to hear you're getting better every day.

Enjoy your drugs tomorrow ;-)

Cerulean Bill said...

Thanks. I'm actually pleased, even if I don't get to see the cute therapists any more.

As for the drugs, I did find out, when they gave them to me, that joking to the effect that if I don't use them, I can always sell them, doesn't actually go down all that well with the prescribers, as apparently thats EXACTLY what happens a lot. Me, I figure I have no use for pain, so if they're going to give them to me, I'm going to take them. I may be, um, spaced for a while...

STAG said...

Yeah, I had that experience...seeing the old guy with the cute young therapist....boy was I EVER frosted to discover that I was looking in a big mirror.

Cerulean Bill said...

Really? You're a cute young therapist? Great disguise!