Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Changes

This evening, my daughter came back from CCD a little agitated.

She said that her CCD instructor had said that gay people were bad. My daughter said that she didn't agree with that, and didn't like that the instructor had said that. I don't know whether I was more pleased with the attitude itself, or that she had developed an opinion on her own. She knows that's what we think, but this one, she generated herself. I really like that. The kiddo's definitely growing up.

And if If I needed further proof, just seeing her walk across the kitche, in her black T shirt, black leggings, and snug camo shorts would have done it for me. When did my slender daughter develop hips? Not to mention, a wiggle?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd like to think people don't believe everything just because someone tells them it is true and your daughter forming her own opinion gives me hope that not every person is a dolt.

They sure do grow up fast, don't they? So have the boys started calling yet? hah.

Cerulean Bill said...

Not yet. But soon, yeah, I'm sure of it. Personally, I didn't date until I was much, much older. I don't suppose I can convince her that would be a good idea.

STAG said...

Can I interest you in a good shotgun? Used only once while she was 15. I don't need it any more, I'll trade it for a ladder to put under her window now that she is 18.