Monday, March 10, 2008

Enter Amusing Title Here

I'm not the classic guy cook -- I can do some things, and they don't even have to involve use of a can opener -- but this site is clearly talking to me.

I wish I could remember if I thought that Clinton's strengths complement Obama's strengths before people started saying that, and if I could decide -- and stay decided -- about whether its better to have a Chief Executive who can articulate a powerful and invigorating vision that can dissolve old hostilities and restore the honor this country, or one who has a proven ability to work in the harshly political environment. The first excites my emotional side; the second makes my intellectual side nod. I guess I know the answer to that one, but I wish I could remember it from day to day. I do think that having them make their points in a public forum is good. Its just scary how it so easily can turn -- and has turned -- into mudslinging. Three AM, indeed. Whats next, an ad showing someone in the Kremlin muttering that they hope (candidate X) wins?

Having a cold stinks. On the way home from therapy, I was sweating and mildly dizzy. I actually didn't know if I'd make it all of the way home without pulling over somewhere. Making this discovery in the left lane is not a good thing.

For some reason, the song refrain "we're not gonna take it...any more!" keeps running through my mind.

The governor of New York, who entered office on an anti-corruption platform, has apparently been the customer of a prostitution agency. I don't think thats acceptable, but I wonder about the comment, made by a member of the opposition party, that he has disgraced every person in New York. My cousin lives there -- maybe I'll ask him.

I wish I had not seen this picture. Now I want to try it. This one's even worse.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am from NJ, living pretty close to NY. And I pretty much get the feeling most people really aren't a big fan of Spitzer.

I actually drove by your town today on my way back to school. Would have been funny if you had pulled over and I happened to drive by right at that moment. But that would take a serious confluence of events hah.

Darn you and the photos of delicious desserts!

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, I can't speak for all guys, or even many -- I don't know how closely my attitudes mirror the general assumptions. I will say that I think using a prostitute doesn't mean you're untrustworthy, but doing so means you're setting yourself up should it even become known, and if you have any kind of intelligence, you KNOW you're setting yourself up. It reminds me of the Nixon era comment -- its not the crime, its the coverup.

I've mentioned that I have only knowingly met a prostitute once -- and I guess I don't KNOW she was, but I think it highly likely. My view of what people like that are like is segmented into two stereotypes -- the ones you see in Law and Order, and the Pretty Woman type. I'm the classic happily married person, and the thought of damaging my marriage causes my breath to stop -- but even I've wondered more than once what it'd be like to hire the classic 'high priced call girl', a la Scent of a Woman, for the evening. Though if the prices cited in the article about Spitzer are true -- up to $5000 an hour -- I don't think that'll be happening in my lifetime. Which is probably just as well, because if it did, I'd be dead -- not the crime, its the credit card bill.

As for the desserts -- mea culpa. I keep telling you to stop by -- we're near where the PA Turnpike crosses Route 15 -- and we'll bake something. (I was going to say 'cook something up', but that sounds too creepy for this early in the morning.) I can't promise it'll look like THAT, but at least its a socially acceptable object of desire. Perhaps if Spitzer had focused there, he'd weigh two hundred pounds more and be secure in the Governor's chair. Secure, hell -- he'd be wedged in!

Unknown said...

I was at a friend's house when I saw Pretty Woman for the first time and my friend's mother told us not to become prostitutes because our life would not turn out like that haha.

I'm thinking maybe next time I drive home (sometime in June?) I might stop by on my way back home. Mmm desserts.

Cerulean Bill said...

Scary part is, there are likely women who do it because they have no other alternative.

As for other, just give me advance warning so that I can make sure my wife is working from home that day. Otherwise, it'll inflame the neigbors --
Hmmm, young woman stopping by, hey?

But she was just there for some cookies!!!

Right,Bill.... WE believe you...