Thursday, March 27, 2008

D Day

Which stands for Dental Day. Also Denial Day. Also Dammit.... but I'll be okay. I will survive (cue the music), even as I wince when they grab a piece of skin instead of suture. What? they'll say. Did that hurt? Oh, no...I always wet my eyes and gasp. Its a nervous condition.

And I get to work more on taxes today. Its a weird thing -- I'm still a little irritated at the ticky-tacky records they want -- gosh, Bill Gates must stay up way late to do his, huh? -- but now that I have a spreadsheet with the required values, and its just a matter of keying every damned one in, I feel better. Feel like I'm in control. Its important to me, control is. I like it. Just like spontaneity -- its a good thing (in its time and place). Ahem.

I need to return that Strengths book today (the libe wants it back) but then I'll get it again. I want to think about it. I may even buy it, mirable dictu. A friends daughter, years ago, said to me that she was aghast to see how her mother was buying and reading books on Your Teens Character, and Helping Your Teen Succeed, and all of that. Its a parent thing, I told her -- and now, I think Oh, yeah. I mean, heck -- this is my daughter we're talking about.

God help me, last night I went to sleep thinking Why doesn't Hillary quit? Because she's not a quitter... and because she wants this so badly, her teeth hurt. Gotta respect that... and she'd make a fine Veep, doncha think?

Everyone knows what DNA is. (Extra points if you know what RNA is!) But -- is this home DNA extraction kit for real?

Last night, my wife and I went for a walk. Still a truncated one, but now we're up to about, oh, a mile or so. Course, as slowly as I walk, so that my hip doesn't wake up and say HEY, Knock It Off!, thats twenty-plus minutes, but still, this is good. Its about three times what I was doing a couple of weeks ago.

2 comments:

~lifedramatic~ said...

You should call your brokerage firm, if you have an online account you should be able to download right into your tax software.

Cerulean Bill said...

One would certainly think so... but a) Computershare doesn't seem to have the capability to do that (can't swear to it, as its a confusing site), and b)TurboTax doesn't seem to have the ability to suck in that kind of data (which is odd, as they can get other things).

In a better world....