Monday, March 17, 2008

Sickly

One of the minor pleasures, if I can call it that, of having a lingering cold is that even small things, when they work, can bring a great deal of pleasure. This morning, I slept again for about 90 minutes; waking and realizing how late it was made me think "Good; that's time when I was not awakened by sniffling or by throbbing in my jaw"; taking a couple of Tylenus with Sinus for a slight headache, but really to address this damned trickling down my throat brought me to appreciate the abrupt dryness of the sinuses that the med brings; and just now, when I made and ate some oatmeal, not to mention, finished the other two thirds of a bowl of cereal that I could not bring myself to eat this morning -- a very strange feeling, to be tired, and hungry, and yet not have enough energy to eat -- that all made me feel relatively flush. I am not better; I know that. Already I can feel myself thinking Sleep, yes, some sleep would be good.

But its possible that I actually am getting better. That would be nice. I'm really ready for that.

No comments: