Friday, March 14, 2008

Surprises

I just got two surprises.

One was, my night time blood sugar reading was way high. I expected this, as my body goes through the healing thing. I would have been happier with a lower 'high', but we'll get back there. Just a pain, is all.

The other is, I have a 'weight' that I've thought of as 'what I weigh' for a long time. Over the last three months, thats dropped by about twelve pounds. It had dropped down more this morning. So, just for comparison, expecting that it would have gone back up, I just weighed myself. At this moment, I weigh -- twenty pounds less than 'what I weigh'. I know it won't stay there -- its the inverse of the blood sugar thing -- plus, I haven't done anything in particular to keep it there -- but damn....

My wife said that she expected it, in a way, because when she hugs me around the shoulders, she can feel the bones. Well, maybe. I'm not skinny, or anything even in that range. No way. But for the first time in decades -- I'm a little thinner. How about that?

5 comments:

Rach said...

That sucks about the high blood sugar, but your body reacts to outside interferance (surgery) in it's own way. You'll get the reading down, I have no doubt!

Yay for you! And this very reason is why I hate men! (just kidding) They can lose weight without even thinking about it. Us women? .. not so much!

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, believe me, Rach, I have no idea why -- and if I could do it at will, I'd have done it long ago. I am sure it'll come back.

Lone Chatelaine said...

Go ahead...just rub it in about losing 12 pounds and not even trying or realizing it. Men have it so easy ;-)

Cerulean Bill said...

...does it help that I gain it without changing how I eat or move?

Anonymous said...

I hope the weight loss isn't an indicator of something bad.

Other than that, can I say how UNFAIR!!! that is?