Saturday, March 29, 2008

Makes Sense To Me



It actually does make sense. I read comments from economists -- Ben Stein, for example, who I know is better known as an actor than an economist -- saying that there is almost no correlation between massive profits and high gas bills, or between massive CEO salaries and high gas bills, and I think ' Well.. maybe. But I kind of doubt it. ' Truthfully, I tend to assume that the massive profits are because we use so much of it; the massive cost, because dapper young men in crisp white shirts are gleefully bidding the price up. But, dammit, no one else is acknowledging this as a problem, so even though I don't really understand it, I'll listen to someone who says they agree -- and they have a solution. It doesn't hurt when they sound like they care about me-- something most politicians seem to have forgotten.

No comments: