Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Este Momento...

... my upper jaw hurts, a little...but not a lot. Its always a thrill to hear the surgeon say to the nurse 'Was that a hint?', and have her reply 'I'll help you take the sutures out...'. Okay, he said, Suture Removal 101, here we go. Which actually went reasonably well, though I could have done without hearing him say 'Oh, that ones not going to come out....oh, there we go'. Hey, I'm awake here, you know?

The brownies are in the oven. I don't know how they'll taste, but I'll say this: brownie batter made with mascapone cheese is very rich. I'm going to go into shock just from what I licked ... and I haven't even made the ganache yet. How many will escape the house and go into my wife's office tomorrow, hard to say... I do wonder why the recipe specifically points out to beat it by hand. I did it, but it didn't mix as well as it would have with the mixer. I've seen that kind of instruction on bread, with the gluten thing, but never brownies. Cookies, sometimes.

...and I did a little bit more on the taxes.

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Need Brownies. Warm brownies in oven. Wow. Sorry about the stitches.

Cerulean Bill said...

The brownies are cooling, the chocolate for the ganache is chopped, the cream is measured...whats keeping you? Better hurry, my daughter has already dibs'd the first one.