Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wheeling

I did the bike this morning.

Normally, that'd almost be a non-issue -- of course I do the bike in the morning ! --but I skipped yesterday. I was incredibly tired -- went to bed early the night before and still got up somewhat late the next day. I think its this enforced diet that my jaw's been forcing on me -- a week and a half later, and one part is still tender to the touch. I went to McDougle's yesterday to pick up a couple of burgers -- which is an indicator of how hungry I was, as I really don't like that place, and haven't for years -- and when I got back, I could only eat three bites before my jaw started saying Okay, you can stop now, really. Or we're going to start bleeding on you. We're not kidding. By the time I got home, I was in a seriously bad mood, which wasn't helped by getting stuck in a massive traffic jam, with the gas gauge on E, or perhaps slightly below (Where's the damn Prius when I need it? Come on, electric car!!!). I was, shall we say, on the seriously surly side by the time I got home.

I'm pretty much okay, now, though, and actually was by later last night. I just needed food -- RBP, yum, and no chewing! -- and then I was okay. This morning I got up a tad later than I wanted, but I did the bike.

Can I go back to sleep now?

2 comments:

Jihan said...

I never new having dentures could be so tough. I think am going to have them sooner than most people, most of my teeth enamels are thin, and am already missing two teeth.
hope you have a better day today..

Cerulean Bill said...

Its not fun, but the problem is mostly because the underlying gum is still tender at one point. The actual device isn't bad.

Piece of advice: if a dentist wants to crown or cap a tooth, realize that this means almost completely grinding it away...and there is still the possibility of decay under it. That won't be a reason to stop the process of getting them, but I've noticed that dentists don't seem to mention that. I always thought it was something that just dropped in over the top of the tooth. Technically, yes; in practice, not really.