Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Here's The Door

I learned this morning, in a Washington Post article, that the layoff crew is busy again at my company. As before, they're laying off about 1500 people; as before, they characterize it as a good thing, and part of the normal part of doing business; as before, they're not making any annoucements internally -- you have to find out through the grapevine.

Have to admit that it makes me angry, all over again. I don't care at any but a superficial level what happens to this company -- I have very little emotionally invested in it. Yet this kind of shabby treatment of people who do have a lot invested -- some approaching thirty years -- angers me. When are the people who design these tactics held accountable? When do they show that they in fact had no other, preferable alternative? When do they demonstrate the good faith that they demand from the people who work in the organization?

Never, would be my guess.

No comments: