Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Weary Wednesday

Actually, its not that bad. I did the bike again -- I kidded my wife that its just that old thing, but the truth is that I'm still pleased with myself for doing it. And still getting results -- I appear to have lost about five pounds, which is goodness. Not being able to eat all that well helps, too!

This morning we have that meeting. Should be fun. I will not withhold any information, nor will I fail to mention something that they may forget to ask, if its important -- but I'm not going to strain every muscle to remember every stray bit of information, for two reasons: first, its been my experience that in meetings like this, people only remember the major stuff anyway, and second, these guys feel its a badge of honor for them to Figure It Out Themselves. I do feel a little bit of regret, though, but I am getting used to the idea that I have two weeks left from today. And given the information I got yesterday, about the possible future plans, this is likely a good time to go. In fact, if I knew of someone in my position -- leaving, with three months pay with which to loll away the summer if I wished, plus a solid interview for a new job, and the chance to simply stay home, if thats what I want -- I'd be pretty envious. I won't mention the negatives, or the upcoming surgeries -- why ruin their fantasy?

2 comments:

Rach said...

Congrats on the five pounds lost and continuing on with the bike. That's determination!

Cerulean Bill said...

Actually, I think its just that I have no alternative. I am not thinking about what happens when I plateau....