Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Decision

Tomorrow I call them and arrange to come out to their offices on Friday. Assuming they offer me the job, I will

  • ask for a salary in the low to mid eighties, negotiable down to high seventies
  • if salary is negotiated, ask for four to six weeks unpaid leave each year; otherwise, ask for two weeks unpaid leave
  • insist on travel in the roughly fifty percent per month range
  • ask for a week at home between each week away, negotiable if the distance is far

...and may the force be with me.

3 comments:

Sweeti said...

I hope you come out on the better than you thought side. Good luck!

Jihan said...

Best of luck...

Cerulean Bill said...

Thank you both. I've heard it said that the only ones who welcome change are a wet baby or an incontinent adult, and I've begun to think there's something to that. Seems like change is never an unalloyed joy!