Saturday, May 05, 2007

In Flight

The things that have been going on, which I mentioned in an earlier post, are still going on. They've started, they haven't ended, and they weren't cancelled. They're 'in flight'.

The guy who called to see the car liked what he saw. My concern about whether he might be someone who would try to steal it was abated when I realized he was driving a minivan, and he had his mother, his wife, and his niece in there. No one who's contemplating Grand Theft Auto comes so encumbered, I think. Plus, when he got out of the van, I thought 'Tiger Woods?' No -- but he could be a body double. He wants to arrange for a friend of his to come out and check the car over for him, which is reasonable, and he also wants to do a VIN check. He called after he left, asking for that, and I read it off to him -- though as it happens, I misread one of the values, which was an L, not an I . He'll figure it out.

The job hunt is also in flight. I did not get to talk to the tech from the company where I want to work, though I expect to on Monday. They seemed pretty hot to get rolling, when we spoke. As for me, no earlier than May 31, unless they want to pay me the three months of severance that my current company's going to pay -- and, truth to tell, I want to take some time off. I'm still a little queasy about the travel idea -- I accept that it's necessary, but I really, really don't want to do it frequently. Though it also depends: if they say 'we want you to travel two weeks a month to Schenectady', I'd wince...but if they say 'we want you to travel two weeks a month to England... Canada... Europe' -- I'd smile. First, though, I have to get to the 'we want you' part of the sentence.

The dental stuff is now about a week from starting. The closer I get, the more apprehensive I get. I want it done, done, done.

Basically, I want this 'in flight stuff' to quit it and land , already.

No comments: