Sunday, May 20, 2007

Blawggin

I started to write this about fifteen minutes ago. At the time, I just wanted to say something about -- something, I don't remember which -- but I noticed that the posting screen in Blogger was smaller than normal -- since I've been using the Greasemonkey script Blogger Large Post Editor, the posting area is about 95% of the width of one screen, and about 70% of the height. This was back to the original constrained value of about three quarters of that.

I fiddled around, and finally thought I'd delete and reinstall the script. After the delete, I realized that Greasemonkey was not enabled, so the script wasn't being invoked. I reenabled it (its really easy to disable, so I'm sure that I did it inadvertantly), and went to download the script again. Took me four tries. On the first three, it insisted on showing me the script itself. Finally, it downloaded (I swear I didn't do anything different -- the classic users annoucement), but the screen was the same. I opened Tools/Greasemonkey again -- and there were NO scripts there. Not BLPE, not Platypus, nothing. I closed the screen, perplexed -- and suddenly the posting screen was the full width again.

This has been a bit of a rocky day for me, and I think that someone's telling me to chill.

1 comment:

genderist said...

I love those subtle reminders the universe throws at us...