Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cool Morning

Its just before breakfast time. Running a little late -- the laptop didn't want to start, and the email server was (and still is) down. That wouldn't be a big deal but that I was planning to send that company a note to acknowledge their invitation, and to set up travel arrangements. Guess I'll be doing this by phone.

Still not sure about the job, though. More accurately: the circumstances of the job. The job itself sounds like a lot of fun. A lot of work, but a lot of fun. The travel thing, though... I don't have a problem with travel; I have a problem with frequent travel -- by which I mean, weeks in a row. Occasionally, sure. Routinely, no. I don't want to be away from home that much. I like it here. I like it even more than I'd like earning more money, and thats a big deal to me. Were I one of these power negotiators that you see in Fast Company or wherever, I could likely arrange it in a slick manner... but as I'm not, I'll just be honest with them, tell them I'd like to work for them, but I have some restrictions. If they can handle it, good. If they say sorry, no dice -- well, okay.

Best I can do.

=====================
Apparently, these guys are serious. They asked to delay bringing me out there until the CEO is back, so that I can meet him.

No comments: