Monday, May 21, 2007

Mangia!

Actually, it's Manga, which my daughter tells me is pronounced MANGah -- Japanese graphic novels. She's adopted them wholeheartedly, and as for me -- well, I say, gritting my teeth, at least she's reading. We just made a dash up to the bookstore because I needed something lightweight to read, having read all of Executive Orders, in fits and spurts -- surprising how much I liked it, given that I thought the books between Hunt for Red October and this one, excepting Red Storm Rising, weren't all that great -- and I needed something else as light fare.

I'm also surprised to find how little enthusiasm I have for work these days. Its probably a good thing that they don't have too much for me to do -- vanishingly little, in fact -- because its taking me forever to get motivated in the morning, and in the afternoon, twice now, I've just up and booked halfway through the afternoon. I care less and less each day. In fact, I told my wife that if they came up with a last minute job offer there, I'd have to think about it. Oh, I'd take it -- but I'd feel like Man!

I told my wife that if I do retire, I'll probably start going through some of the recipes we've collected and try making them for dinner. She seems to think thats a good idea, even with my warning that there would be times when we tasted and said 'Now what in the hell is this supposed to be?' I think it'd be fun, actually. Dangerous talk from someone who inadvertently mixed chili with spaghetti sauce just this evening, actually. (Wasn't half bad...)

Still doing the bike. Down about 11 pounds. The bike's starting to get old, though. I might restart the Netflix sub to have things to watch. I find that the time flies when theres an action sequence on, things blowing up -- typical guy fare. No soliloquies or tender moments, please. Distract me!

2 comments:

Jihan said...

Tell me about it, this word Manga drives me crazy too. I have countless arguments with my brother about his reading habits.

lol I have never had spaghetti and meat balls or sause.

Cerulean Bill said...

Swing by next time, we'll give you some....