Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Organizational Strangeness

I don't recall the exact quote -- something like 'its a tragedy when your neighbor loses his house, but a disaster when you do' -- but I get the impression that something very odd is going on in this company. I didn't think it was just me, and this morning I got confirmation when I learned that three people whom I consider very qualified are being terminated, too. But the piece de resistance is when I just learned that the only secretary here is being terminated as well. The only one!

Maybe its time to sell my stock?

4 comments:

African Kelli said...

Yes! Definitely time to sell your stock. I am so sorry Bill!

Cerulean Bill said...

Thanks, Kelli. It could be a lot worse -- this is where our years of saving 'just in case' pays off. Plus, I have resumes in to a couple of places. Truth to tell, I don't think they'll come to anything -- the internal ones are afraid to hire, and the external one will want specific skills at a cheap rate -- but nothing ventured...and so forth.

genderist said...

I hate when those vibes come.

Cerulean Bill said...

Me, too. In the warmth and the daylight, I can make adult sounds and reasonable statements, but in the dark...its a whole different story.

According to the Wall Street Journal, we're laying off about 1300 people. So its a pretty big deal...