Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuesday Morn

I've now been doing the bike in the morning for about two weeks, every single day. Nothing frantic, but still -- every day, from someone who absolutely hates to get up early. As I like to say, I really don't mind getting up early, so long as I can do it late in the day. And I have seen results.

I've gained four pounds.

(Pause for a bemused moment)

Knowing nothing -- well, very little -- about the Way This Stuff Works, here's what I think. I know that taking insulin contributes to weight gain. I know that exercise can result in less insulin needed (probably not a lot, but still: some). What if the exercise is contributing to me actually needing less insulin, and the extra isn't being used, but is contributing to this effect?

Heck, I don't know, could be. So last night, I deliberately took less than I normally take -- and this morning, the morning reading was dramatically lower. I had thought that if I was wrong, it'd be higher, and if I was right, it'd be about where it's been in the morning. But lower? That startled me.

I think its a fluke -- but I'm going to try it again tonight. Worst case, it'll go up. I can handle that.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

I know nothing of insulin, but I will applaud you for getting up and exercising first thing. Such a great way to start the day! And after three weeks (or 21 days), it will be routine. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Cheer up. Muscle is heavier than fat.