Thursday, May 24, 2007

BlipOps

In the television series Max Headroom, the television network which inadvertantly spawned him would show very fast, intensely focused advertisements for various products. They called these BlipVerts (my guess at spelling). I think that with people's attention span dropping, there's a market for the equivilent on Opinion pieces. Call them BlipOps.

For example: I was reading this piece this morning, on the differences between Muslims and the rest of the world. Its something that I like to think about, for various reasons. I thought the piece did a good job of laying out the various points. Its not terribly long, either -- yet I found myself thinking Get to the Point! I wasn't even looking for a point that supported my side (non-Muslim) as being right; I'm willing to believe that we're in the wrong, too. I just wanted to get a concentrated dose of information, right here, right now, and be done with it.

A BlipOp.

No comments: