Sunday, May 27, 2007

Notes

After we screwed in the bathroom, she and I discussed money.

Which is to say: after we put up the new window shade in the bathroom, my wife and I retired to the kitchen, where we went over the separation packet that my about-to-be-former company gave me, telling me what I can expect from them, doing so in classic leaden lawyer language. Not a particularly user friendly document, but it had some good points, most notable of which was that they'll pay a sum toward 'retraining' expenses. Now, I don't plan on getting retrained on anything, because I don't want to change careers. Whether I come to an agreement for employment or not with this other company, that'll probably be it. I won't be looking. Oh, I'll send out the occasional resume, but I don't plan on 'pounding the pavement', as my wife put it. Sending out the resume will just be to see what happens.

My wife suggested that I take the 'transition coach company' up on aptitude training, just to see what they say; I said I would, but I don't expect to get anything out of it. But the idea of retraining catches my eye because it occurs to me that there are training programs for bakers, and there are training programs for professional photographers. While I don't plan to start a business doing either, I'd like to be better at both, and this might be a way to learn interesting things without having to pay for the experience.

And who knows? Maybe it will turn into a job. Could be worse!

2 comments:

Sweeti said...

Goodness
You had me a little worried where you were going with this post at first.
I would so love to get a better education in Photography also. a training program sounds like fun to me.

Cerulean Bill said...

Yep. I am not sure exactly what I mean by training when it comes to photography, but something that helped me be technically better -- not more artistic, but better at composition, with whatever that entails -- would be good.