Thursday, May 24, 2007

Um...Yeah

I just got a giggly phone call from my wife's sister, announcing that she'd been promoted in her federal bureaucrat organization.

I'm thinking: one week from today.....

Trying to be positive... or at least neutral.


Not working.

======================
After a couple of hours moping around and feeling sorry for myself, I'm a little better now. Still sulking, but not as much. I have to remember that there are a couple of significant differences that partially account for the difference in results. One is, my sister in law is a very competitive, hard-driving person. She says she isn't, but she is. Presidential Intern, for example. And she's smart. Possibly smarter than me; certainly, better at handing organizational politics than me. I shouldn't compare the two results. Its the timing, more than anything.

But I do think we'll present it as 'Bill got tired of working there, is going to pursue other options, including retirement.'

No comments: