Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday Ayem

Once again, I did the bike. I haven't been keeping track, but its been, I think, about two and a half weeks. I actually had the thought that if this company hires me, I'll have to find hotels with recumbent bikes so that I can continue to do this. Or find something else to do that has the same benefit. The reading this morning was actually bad, but there's an explanation: it was very low last night, and I compensated too much. I'm not concerned. Well, much.

Similarly, its a week till I do -- finally -- the first phase of the dental procedure, which will include inserting some Bio-Oss when the teeth are extracted. Some period for that to heal, and then off to the plastic surgeon to do the iliac bone harvesting (doesn't that sound non-invasive and almost cheerful?). Then comes the part I'm worried about: putting it in. There's no guarantee that it will 'take'; though its more likely with my own bone, its not a given. If it doesn't work, then the whole plan has to be rethought. The dentist hasn't given me odds, but my take, just reading his moods as we talk, is that there is about an 80% chance of success. Think good thoughts...

The Prius continues to be a delight -- yesterday morning, my daughter and I took that to church instead of the van As we drove away, she said 'You really like this car, don't you?', and I nodded. Its not perfect, but there are enough small things to like about it that I'm surprised when a design defect (as I see it) comes to light. As for the Buick, if all works out, the guy who wants to buy it will do so today. That'll be nice to have done.

No comments: