Monday, August 20, 2007

Sour Bill

Well, just a little. The sourdough recipe I was using totally did not work. I note that it said to use an 'organic potato', which I did not, so I wonder if that mattered -- particularly as the recipe I'd found in Joy Of Baking talked about using 'potato water', which I think is the water left over from cooking potatoes (which we hardly ever do).

But...I found this site, talking about sourdough (one of the many hundreds!), and it says not only that you can just start with water and dough, but also, if you're willing not to be a purist, you can throw some yeast in there to get the process started. So, thats what I'm doing. We'll see!

Medical: I asked the nurse practitioner, this morning, about getting a colonoscopy, which she was surprised by, saying you should have your first between 50 and 60 (turns out what I had was a sigmoidoscopy, not a colonoscopy...the difference being that one is a mild tranquilized invasion and the other a full-bore, no pun intended, exploration that they knock you out for). As I'm 80% of the way through that age range, her surprise surprised me --- but now I have 'my gastroenterologist', who I get to call to set it up. Which I will. I like that I'll be knocked out for it. Not too thrilled about having 'my gastroenterologist'. Makes me feel old.

No comments: