Sunday, August 26, 2007

That Article, Again

I read that article again this morning. The names were different, the company involved was different, but the article and its content was the same.

Midwestern company closes its plants, people out of work, lives disrupted due to drastically reduced income, lost health benefits, unclear options, limited if any governmental assistance.

I know that there are good reasons for companies to close. I know that not all jobs are forever. I know that people need to understand this, and to prepare for life without the company, just in case.

And I know that when I read about this kind of event occuring, I want to find the senior executives involved in the decision to close the plants, put them on the bus, and take them out to the archery range.

As targets.

No comments: