Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mo' Dental

One other thing that that dental tech did that I really liked. She asked if I flossed, and I said no (grumpily). Rather than giving me grief immediately, she asked if there was any special reason that I didn't. I told her that I had been going to a periodontist's office twice a year to get my teeth cleaned, thinking that they'd be keeping track of my teeth's condition (because I knew I wouldn't). One day, they said 'You know, those teeth in back are in really bad shape!' And I thought WHAT? You guys have been seeing me every six months and this just suddenly popped up? (Well, okay, I knew that it didn't just pop up.) I said that this ticked me off, I just stopped going for recurring cleanings, period. Which I realize wasn't a mature response, but I was just ticked.

And she said "I would have been ticked off, too."

OMG.

No comments: