Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Making Dough

The honey wheat dough for the pizza is made and is sitting on the counter, spritzed with some Pam to keep it moist, and under a overturned bowl. I had actually rolled it out and left on on a cookie sheet (my 'baking peel') on the oven when I went out, which turned out to be not a great idea when the oven is ON, set to 500 to heat the pizza stone. Gee, do you think the cookie sheet might pick up some of that heat? And start to transfer it to the dough? So, that dough got rolled up into a ball, and the other chunk of dough, which I'd popped into the freezer, is now sitting out in a ball. We'll roll it out and top it about ten minutes before we're ready to bake. But it turned out to be a good thing to have to get that other dough, because while the freezer door was open, I saw a chunk of cookie dough I'd made last week, so now that's in the refrigerator to start thawing. I like to bake!
=========
Update: Turned out pretty well. I baked it a bit too long -- I wanted to be sure that the pepperoni cooked through -- and we did have some difficulty getting it onto the baking stone. I tried using a floured cookie sheet to get it on but that didn't work too well. I think sometimes about getting a pizza peel -- I've seen one with a wooden handle that detached from the metal blade for storage; that sounds nice -- but I can't really justify spending thirty bucks for one of those things. I don't make pizza often enough for that. But, all in all, not bad. Glad I made it.

No comments: