Friday, August 10, 2007

Best?

I was reading an article on the Money web site about a fellow who'd retired, more or less willingly, and gone to live in a small town in Montana. After two years, bored, he asked himself what he did best -- and thereby found himself a new career. The article's here, and its pretty good.

One of the things that I've never been able to do is answer that question. I can list some things that I can do well, and a couple of personality traits that contribute to success in the things that I do, but I've never considered myself all that GOOD at something, and as for being better than anyone else around at something, good enough so that people would pay me to do it, and particularly something that most people can't do, or at least can't do well -- nope. Not a clue. This isn't humbleness -- I honestly don't know. I'd like to think there is though...somewhere.

Strange, huh?

No comments: