Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday

It's going to be an interesting couple of days, I do believe.

In no particular order --

My wife's working from home, so that she can prep the daughteroids hair for the first public outing of the color guard this year, which occurs late today. My wife's a tad distracted, as its not fun to be reminded that while she is working, the other half of the partnership is essentially able to do stuff around the house, bake, or just take a nap, as he chooses. Grr....

The daughteroid, who, having slaved through four days of school, now has the next four days off; oh, the trauma. She and I are going down to the eyeglass store to have her current eyeglasses' lenses inserted into a new pair. Always irritating when they don't tell you that the frames change -- they had to hunt the chain's other stores to find a pair, and overnight them up here from Nashville.

Later today, I'll be doing the shopping, and we've a bunch of errands to do, primarily involving a trip to Linens And Things, which is just across the street from a bookstore, so I imagine we'll pop in there.

This weekend is the Kipona festival, which is okay if you like tons of people in a small space buying badly made food (not all of it, but most) and kitschy crafts (not all of them, but most ), with no parking nearby, and no shuttle-bus service, either. We won't be going; or, if we do, not for more than an hour, which is my personal grief limit.

I did find this post this morning, about IBM and LEAN, which I liked, both it and the comment someone named Richard made there.

Maybe I'll go back to bed....without telling my wife, of course.

=================
Update: Should have. I took her to the glasses store, waited half an hour for the clerk to inform me that the lenses were damaged because she'd tried to glue them in (I don't blame her for trying), arranged an eye exam for replacement lenses, got home to find that we knew her prescription, and now I get to go back just to drop off the prescription.... and then get to go back again when they're in.

No comments: