Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Twenty-Four Hours

Well, this has been (and continues to be) an interesting twenty four hours.

We found that the people who cut our grass weren't planning to do it this year, at all. And then we found that the mower we would likely buy, if we did, is quite popular and completely sold out. Moral: Check your support systems occasionally.

We found that my daughter's illness is (probably) not strep throat. She did get to discuss, briefly, her dissection of a worm, comparing that to the digital dissection of a frog. The doctor opined as to how a hands-on is better -- more sense of texture, organ placement. I asked if he had ever heard of the ADAM project. He had not.

I received a blog comment wherein a woman told me that she did not like wearing G-Strings. Multiple lurid thoughts came rapidly to mind before my superego woke up and hosed down the area. It really was an innocuous comment. I'm just not used to that. Though my id proclaimed loudly that the more, the merrier.

The people who fill my prescriptions via mail-order informed me that they required further authorization for one. Apparently, the insurer wants to be sure that I am really required to take it. They did return the prescription, though. I get to mail it back when and if they say they'll accept it.

My software project has bifurcated, and I am now focusing on just getting the mainframe part running. Alas, the one part they really want turns out to be different than what we have. I might be able to get it electronically, but I don't know if I can -- or have to -- meld it into what I have now.

Gas prices. Should I drive into the office, where I will get more done but be more interruptible, or work from home?

The cleaning crew comes to the house today. Normal pre-arrival clutter abounds.

And, the piece de resistance (French for 'oh,crap'): my periodontal appointment is this afternoon. My wife says if they give me grief I can simply not go back -- at least, to them. But I still have to at least go today.


Wonder what Kiefer Sutherland would do?

=================
Update: We bought a mower (electric, cordless,mulching); I worked from home, the cleaning people came while I was t the dentist (not great, not terrible) , the software project is still kerflumped. And nobody offered to discuss G strings with me. (sigh)

4 comments:

Rach said...

Sounds like a very interesting past 24 hours indeed.

I'm jealous you have a cleaning crew. *insert green glaring smilie here* :P

You'll have to check out my blog to see how in depth (or lack of it)I got with the "G-string" topic. That's as much as my "good girl" self could muster up at this point.

I get it .. you're hoarding those drugs like you do your cookies so that you can sell them off for big bucks to some desperate person looking for a quick high .. right? heehee .. JUST kidding! I hope your next 24 hrs are a little less eventful, although if you look at the positive side .. you hopefully will never have to relive those exact events all in one day again.

Oh and another positive for the day. Maybe those events will create one heck of a dream tonight. hee!

Cerulean Bill said...

If I could make money hoarding the drugs I take, I'd think about it, but probably I wouldn't. They keep me alive, to put it generally. Hmm...alive and poor/dead and rich. Let me think about that (g)


As for dreams, there was the dream I partially remember, something about five hundred cheerleadeers in the G String Day Parade....but then I lost it. Ahem.

Actually, I slept pretty well last night. Part of that was that we had the AC on. I do truly like a cold bedroom (my partner is perfectly willing to break out the flannels in the middle of summer). Woke up a lot, I think the result of truly pigging out last evening. I usually don't, but last night, for some reason, all bets were off. I'm talking pizza, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, all in the same night. Shazam.

And downstairs, we have a gleaming new lawn mower. Okay, not the sexiest thing I can think of -- and yes, I'll be heading over there very soon -- but, as I told my wife, its a power tool -- and we know how guys feel about that!

Rach said...

I just wrapped you all up in what I like to call the typical guy. :P
Here's why...

The dreams that make a guy wake with one thing on their mind, the lingerie gazing, the eating anything you want and never gaining a pound, AND last but certainly NOT least .. the steroid boost to the system when looking at, caressing and later .. man handling a brand new power tool.
Yep .. so typical. heehee

So how can you bring yourself to get that awsome beauty of a brand new lawn mower, all dirty when you go out and cut the lawn?

I'm just giving you a hard time. ;)

Cerulean Bill said...

Rach, you've convinced me. YOU can come and mow the lawn.... And you don't have to wear a G string, either. (Don't thank me now...)

Two parts of the description were wrong, though. I not only can't eat anything and not gain a pound, I can gain eating stuff that didn't make me gain last time I did it. As someone whose belts keep shrinking, this is a source of some interest to me.

And I don't salivate over power tools. I don't understand people who do, or who say they have to have the newest and best all the time. If it works, I keep it till it doesn't.

A friend did tell me that she was aghast when she realized her husband planned to just USE the bed of their new pickup -- no protection, get it all scratched up -- but these days its mostly the guys who buy pickups who are fanatical about keeping the bed in pristine condition. I don't understand that. Then again, these aren't real 'pickemuptruck' guys. They're wannabees.

But you can still come and do the mowing, honest.