Thursday, May 04, 2006

Here's What I Want

a) To understand the flow of whats happening in the software product that I'm installing. I really don't. It bothers me that I don't, and it seems that every time I do it I get further but still ultimately confused and doing it by rote. Thats not my ideal of 'professional'.

b) To have a set of noise cancelling headsets that will substantially mute the outside world, and can be used for decent, perhaps exceptional sound. I know they're out there. I know they're expensive. The reviews say that they've pretty good, but not as good as the price charged would lead you to expect.

c) I want the people I work with to be able to convince their managers that the time they spend on new stuff is time that takes away their ability to work on old stuff. Thats not a problem for me, but it is for them, and it bothers me. I wonder if thats a symptom of my naive view of the world.

d) I'd like people to promise to deliver only what they are sure they actually can deliver. Or reasonably sure. And when they find out they can't, I want them to say so, and not get an unreasoable amount of grief for being honest about it.

e) Oh, and I 'd like a piece of chocolate cake, please.

Okay, thats it for now.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

1. Can't help you. I am an idiot when it comes to computers. The fact that I'm here at all is a miracle.

2. I bought a pair for my son for Christmas that weren't atrocious at best Buy. They were not cheap but he hadn't asked for that particular feature but it was the only pair that had the other features he wanted and were under $80.

3. Sorry, we ate the chocolate cake already. It was good.

Cerulean Bill said...

You ATE the CAKE????

JEANNIE!!!!!