Monday, May 29, 2006

Drivin'

This afternoon, my wife and I took a drive. Just the two of us. We didn't go anyplace special -- stopped at a roadside stand to buy some fresh strawberries, but mostly just drove around, talking and looking at the scenery. We talked about politics (I said that I cannot stand Howard Dean; to me, he is the physical manifestation of the lack of thought in the Democratic party) and businesses - she told me about a plan to change the structure of her company which is, shall we say, not meeting with a great deal of grunt-level enthusiasm. We speculated over what might be going into a massive area that we think used to have a racetrack. She told me about a book she was reading, and I told her about a book I was reading. And we kicked around some ideas about things to do with the house, or whether we'd go for a nice car or a Nice Car when we get rid of the Buick sedan. The whole ride was just desultory conversation with the person I like best in the world. It was pretty cool.

No comments: