Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Still A Mutant, But...

...I feel a little better. Partially, that's because I've been lying here, reading His Majesty's Dragon, which is a fairly peaceful book for all that its about the British Aerial dragon corp of the 1700's. Partially, it's because I haven't looked in a mirror lately. Partially because what's done is done; tomorrow I get to find out what its going to take to repair (I'm assuming that it is repairable), and how long it will take. I'm still mulling over not going to Arizona, which might be selfish of me, but.... And partially its due to my daughter, who has been obviously distressed by how I look, and by how I obviously feel about it. Oddly, having such a great kid worried about me makes me want to cheer her up, so I am slightly cheerier. For a mutant, anyway.

Not at all looking forward to the dentist visit tomorrow, though. As I told my daughter, its not a question of whether they'll give me good news or bad; its a question of how much bad news it will be. What I hope for is that it can be repaired in less than two weeks, and that I can get a substitute in my mouth during that time. What I expect is that it will take longer than two weeks, and that I might be able to get a substitute in about a week. Whats possible is that it will take substantially longer than two weeks, and that part of that will include either dentures or a dental implant or two.... which will likely have to happen sequentially.

Sure am glad I have that expensive dental insurance. Wonder what the maximum payout is?

2 comments:

Rach said...

I hope things work out that you can have this dental work done AND still go on your trip without looking like a 'mutant'. I'm sure you're exagerating about that part anyway. :P

Cerulean Bill said...

If I keep my mouth shut, I look fine. Well, as fine as I ever look. That does tend to cut down the amount I can eat, but thats not necessarilly a bad thing. And keeping my mouth shut's not a bad thing, generally.

What really frosts me is that I can't make that pizza dough -- or more accurately, won't make it until I can taste it.