Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bulking Up

Every so often we do something that makes a lot of sense to me, so much so that I wonder why its not routinely done. And then I realize that not only is it routinely done, its a come and gone fad. I might as well be remarking about the prevalence of electrical traffic lights.

We have some spotlights in the kitchen. When they were put in, during the great kitchen remodel, we replaced the halogen lights with regular spotlight bulbs, because it was so bright in there that we felt as if we could have done surgery. In the years since then, either the lights have gotten dimmer, or -- hmm. Best not to pursue that line of thought. Anyway, we've gone back to halogen bulbs. We particularly like the Philips brand, and of those, the style that's called 'long neck'. We can usually find them only in one specific store, and only on occasion. Not that they don't have bulbs -- they have hundreds, perhaps thousands - just not always those bulbs. So about six months ago, I had a Thought. We did a web search for that specific type of bulb, found a store that would send us about twenty at once, and ordered them.

We haven't had to search for them since. And I just replaced a bulb with as much effort and angst as turning on the water faucet. Which is good, as my angst-meter's been running a little hot lately.

Now, this doesn't really explain why, when I could no longer find Sweet N' Low liquid in a local store, and so bought a case (25 bottles), that I haven't yet opened even the first. I don't care. Its still a Good Idea.

No comments: