Sunday, May 21, 2006

S 3 4 Me? 4 Sure!

Digital Photography Review has a massive review of the Canon S3. I'm definitely going to get it. Especially since we're going to Arizona in about 3 weeks (can't wait!). That's going to be so cool.

Along the way, it mentions needing a big honkin' SD card if you're going to do video. I don't know what an SD card is, but I'm guessing memory. I had heard that for any digital camera you want to get additional memory -- just to have it, and because many cameras come with the minimum, just to keep the price down. All I have to do now is find out what I need and where to get it.

But the camera itself, abbasolootly.

==================

Just ordered it, along with a 2 Gig SD card. Hot Diggety!

4 comments:

Sweeti said...

check out this link.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11112004&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

Cerulean Bill said...

I almost didn't look -- what if it was not only less, but significantly less?? -- but it wasn't. The running price seems to be 499, but for some reason (and I read about this in an article about how web sites fool you; they cited Dell having different prices for the same item in two places on the same site) Dell was offering it for 424. Actually, they were offering it for that last night; when I went to their site today it was 499; I turned cookies off and on and suddenly it was 424, so I grabbed it.

Thanks very much for the info, though. Costco seems like a decent operation. I'd get a membership, but there is only one in my area and not in a particularly convenient place.

Rach said...

You are going to fall in love with it. I have the S1 IS and love all of it's features. And a 2 gig disc .. you'll be able to take videos and pictures till kingdom come.

Cerulean Bill said...

Now if we can just do something about the horrendous cost of Photoshop.... there might be a photograph associated with this blog yet.