Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's Only A Day Away

Tomorrow's the day that we try out this product I've been working on, which I occasionally talk about in the other blog. To say I've been slaving on it would be overkill -- more accurate to say that I've been strapping on the helmet every day and running as fast as I can against the wall, trying to chip away enough to get some light through. Occasionally, a little bit penetrates. Tomorrow, I'm trying something for the first time. Part of the first time-ishness is that I'm doing it on two parallel systems at once, and part is I'm doing it with a new product, in addition to the regular ones. The first part, I think has about a 90 percent chance of working; the second, about a 40 percent chance, and when you factor in some other things, about a 20 percent chance. Unfortunately, its that new product that people are really looking forward to seeing, and which a certain non-technical person has been promoting as the certain fix to their problems. You never want to be in that position unless it truly and absolutely is, and you truly and absolutely know how to do it. It isn't, and I don't.

Tomorrow should be.... interesting.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Wishing you all the best of luck that the program works in the way you need/want it to. *fingers crossed for ya*