Monday, May 22, 2006

Interesting Site

The site is called Hatebook, and its a series of people speaking anonymously about what they hate. Some of it is trivial (to me) but some is quite moving, such as this:

i hate society and the way it makes you feel. i hate how no one believes that they are truly beautiful..they think that they're so flawed, i hate it. you're not fat or ugly. whoever you are, wherever you are, i want you to know that i'm here for you and i would care if you were gone. there's so much out there, go find it. everythings worth it, trust me. you are beautiful and intelligent and don't let anyone tell you differently. i hate how our parents put us down and make us fell horrible for our actions. i hate how they are only spreading thier negativity to us. don't let anything get you down. never live the same day twice. try everthing. be happy. because it's all so fast. make it last. i hate how so few realize that.

4 comments:

Rach said...

Alot of them sound like they're school aged children .. but there's a few that made me actually stop and think about it. Like the one you posted.

Cerulean Bill said...

I agree. I wouldn't recommend it for insightful social commentary (what WOULD I recommend? Not sure...) but as a method of seeing how people think when they aren't held accountable, its interesting. Some of these could be people we know, see smiling every day.

Angie said...

I know how lucky I am but something like that just reinforces it for me--my parents have never put me down. I have sometimes felt horrible after a confrontation with them, but that was because I got caught in something I knew I shouldn't have done. I only hope I can be as successful as a parent.

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, A, based on what I know of you, I would put serious money on it.